It’s love bug season again. Let Don’s help you protect your vehicle. Love bugs have the potential to severely damage your car, truck or van’s paint finish.
Here are the most important things you can do to protect your vehicle during love bug season:
- Wash your vehicle frequently.
- Wax your vehicle now for the best love bug protection. At Don’s it only takes approximately 20 minutes after a car wash. No appointment is necessary.
- If you have love bugs on your vehicle, it needs to be washed as soon as possible. At Don’s we remove love bugs at no extra charge.
Unfortunately, even with a bug soak and pressure washing, the effects cannot usually be removed in one washing.
In fact, the love bug removal process can have adverse effects if your vehicle has the following issues:
- Cracked or blistered paint (the paint can be further loosened)
- Adhesive pin-striping (the pin-striping may peel)
- Dirty, oxidized paint (the soapy bug solution may leave clean spots or streaks, indicating the need for buffing off the oxidized paint)
If your vehicle has any of these issues and you are not willing to assume these risks, please let us know before we take the steps to remove the love bugs.